1. I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. (1 Timothy 2:1-4)
2. The pandemic continues to rage around the world, natural disasters and environmental issues are becoming more and more severe, and violent conflicts between people are increasing unabated. All of these tell us that human beings cannot overcome evil. Everyone must repent and return to God through the Lord Jesus. The Lord Jesus will return to judge the whole world. He is already at the door. Lord, please help us learn the lesson of staying alert.
3. Pray for the brothers and sisters who are facing various challenges everyday. Everyone may be troubled by work burdens, illness, financial pressure, family relationships, etc. In fact, we are not immune to this spiritual war pandemic. We ask the Lord to let us rely on the Lord Jesus to turn weakness into strength, sorrow into joy, overcome attacks, and be more than victorious.
4. Pray for the church’s youth ministry and ask the Lord to give us strength during the pandemic, teach us how to shepherd the youth, add wisdom to brothers and sisters who are responsible. Let us continue to shape these young people’s lives through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, so that they will become the good soldiers of Jesus Christ.
5. Please pray for the election of deacons. By the end of the year, the deacons’ term in 2019-2020 will come to an end so that the church is arranging a new election. We seek our Lord to choose suitable candidates for us. Pray for the Holy Spirit to inspire brothers and sisters to be willing to devote themselves to serve, to receive the Lord’s command together with the pastor, and complete the mission with the gift of the Holy Spirit.
6. We are grateful that in the past few months, all types of church meetings have been able to continue smoothly. In July, face-to-face or online “Fika” meetings were also held. We ask the Lord to guide the church to make good use of our resources and help brothers and sisters to think about God’s words through different channels, building a better relationship with God.