Verse of the Month:
“This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.” (1 John 4:9)
1. Thanks for the year 2023, for the Lord’s forgiveness and pardon, and for His blessing and protection. In faceing more uncertainties in the world and in our environment in 2024, let us pray with one heart that the Lord’s will be done on earth as it is in heaven; that Jesus will strengthen our faith and lead the church by the Holy Spirit to move forward and be a lighted lampstand.
2. Pray for the conflicts between Israel and the nations. In addition to the Israeli-Palestinian war triggered by the Hamas terror attack, Israel is being surrounded by enemies from all sides as neighboring countries such as Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Turkey, and Russia. This is the greatest crisis since the restoration of Israel. However, both Jews, Palestinians and Arabs must confess their sins and turn to the true Messiah, Jesus of Nazareth, in order to be truly saved. Pray for the Lord’s mercy, comfort and healing to those who have been hurt by the wars.
3. December is a time of festivities for many people, but for believers, it is a time to remember Christ’s salvation and grace. Let us pray that the Holy Spirit will pour out the love of God and give us a holy passion during this period.
4. Let us ask Holy Spirit to remind us always to keep the unity of the heart given by the Holy Spirit, to value others more than ourselves, not to bear grudges against one another, so as to give room to the devil, but to learn to speak honestly and with love, to bow down to lowly brothers and sisters, and to treat one another with kindness, and to forgive one another.
5. As seasons change, we pray for the Lord’s protection of all people’s physical and mental health; we pray for our sick brothers and sisters, that the Lord’s healing power will come to all of them; and we pray for the elderly and their sick family members, that the Lord will comfort and keep them, and that there will be help and a way out in times of trouble.
6. We are thankful for the election of two deacons for the year 2024-2025, during the process we experienced the Lord’s protection and care. We sincerely pray for the deacons’ vision, gifts and unity with the Lord, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit’s gift, we can fight a good battle side by side and fulfill the Lord’s mission.